Murray River Cruise and Kangaroo Island Tour
Jacaranda City Coach to & from Coolangatta Gold Coast Airport
Direct Flights: Virgin Australia Coolangatta to Adelaide and return
Accommodation & All Breakfasts (15)
1 High Tea, 1 Light Afternoon Tea, 7 Lunches, 10 Dinners
Entry into all events as listed
Private Charter Buses with Driver/Tour Guide
and Private Kangaroo Island Ferry
Friday 11th March
Grafton to Adelaide (4 nights)
- 7.20am Grafton Library Departure.
- 8.15am Maclean Departure.
- Travel by air conditioned coach to the Gold Coast airport.
- Direct Virgin flight to Adelaide.
- Our driver/tour guide will meet & greet us and we start our amazing holiday transferred by private charter from Adelaide airport to your Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Crowne Plaza Hotel 4 Star (D).
Saturday 12th March
- It’s all about Adelaide this morning! Adelaide Oval Stadium: experience the wonder and heritage on a private guided tour. The tour takes you behind closed doors where you’ll discover hidden secrets and relive celebrated moments. Tour including ‘Be guided through the life of cricket’s greatest batsman with a curated tour of the ‘Bradman Collection’. Adelaide Central Market, famous 150 year old fresh produce market with 80 artisan food stalls.
- City Highlights guided Tour.
- Free evening.
Crowne Plaza Hotel 4 Star (B).
Sunday 13th March
- Free day – Suggestions:
- Tram ride to Glenelg.
- From Crowne Plaza: Zoo 800m (10min walk) to Zoo.
- Botanical Gardens – 350m.
- The Garden of Unearthy Delights.
- Rundle Park – 400m (10 min walk).
- Original Pancake Kitchen 950m (15min Walk).
- Sky City Adelaide (Casino) 1km (15min walk).
- Central Business District – 1 km.
- 242 restaurants near Crowne Plaza.
- Independent Tour to somewhere on your bucket list.
- Day of leisure.
Crowne Plaza Hotel 4 Star (B).
Monday 14th March
- Private Guided tour of Art Gallery of SA.
- Lunch at Kiplins Restaurant at the Bombay Bicycle Club.
- Brighton Beach sunset.
Crowne Plaza Hotel 4 Star (B, L, D).
Tuesday 15th March
Adelaide to Victor Harbor (2 nights)
- Today we bid farewell to Adelaide and make our way south to the Fleurieu Peninsula.
- First stop D’Arenberg Cube. It is a 5 Story building containing attractions & sculptures. Set among Mourvedre Vines. Experience an Alternate Realities Museum tour.
- Be immersed in architecture, art & wine, learning about the stories behind the labels, McLaren Vale geology & family history from one of our experienced & friendly Wine Ambassadors. Visit the Tasting room located on the top level, with panoramic views over McLaren Vale. Enjoy a complimentary tasting of a selection of D’Arenberg wines. Eat at Polly’s Café (at own expense) – filled with Quirky Art & has spectacular views of the McLaren Region.
- Goolwa Barrages where we will see the River Murray in action, and enjoy a leisurely stroll across the barrage, taking in the surrounds of the lower River Murray, with views across to Hindmarsh Island.
- Murray River Mouth Lookout on Hindmarsh Island.
- Accommodation at Victor Harbor Hotel Overlooking Encounter Bay and Granite Island.
Victor Hotel 3.5 Star (B, D).
Wednesday 16th March
- Victor Harbor Horse Drawn Tram from mainland across causeway to Granite Island.
- Photo opportunity at the Large Picture Selfie Frame.
- Thereafter, free time. Suggestions:
– Visit Granite Island’s café and /or restaurant.
– Explore to see the Penguins on the Island.
– Back on mainland—visit Encounter Coast & Discovery Centre Heritage Museum; Penguins Centre, Art Gallery and Cockle Train.
- Free afternoon/evening.
Victor Hotel 3.5 Star (B).
Thursday 17th March
Victor Harbor to KI (2 Nights)
- Travel by private coach to Cape Jervis to board Kangaroo Island Connect Ferry – private charter.
- Private Dolphin/Seal Ocean Safari – Travel along the ancient Kangaroo Island coastline with the opportunity to see dolphins, seals, eagles and other birdlife. Enjoy an exhilarating ride on board a luxurious 38 seater vessel along the beautiful Kangaroo Island coastline. Witness the pristine waters, stunning coastline and marine animals that inhabit this thriving environment. The skipper provides informative commentary as you cruise along. Cape Willoughby 1852 Lighthouse -Cape Willoughby Conservation Park is home to SA’s first light-house and rich in maritime history.
- Lunch at Dudley Wines – Dudley’s Clifftop Cellar Door, one of the best views on KI. (guests can purchase wine at bar or upgrade $10 pp for wine tasting at own cost).
- Tour the 1919 Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Oil Distillery They are now the only Eucalyptus Oil Distillery in SA. They manufacture 100% pure Australian Eucalyptus Oil.
- Oyster Farm Tour includes a shucking demonstration & you will have the opportunity to taste a freshly shucked oyster!
Mercure KI Lodge 4 Star (B, L, A/Tea & D).
Friday 18th March
Kangaroo Island (KI)
- Island Beehive Tour: Ligurian bees and honey production on KI.
- Seal Bay Boardwalk ‘self-guided’ 900m Board-walk (return) Tour. It meanders through limestone cliffs & dunes, & showcases the stunning coastal scenery for which Seal Bay is famous. Along the way you’ll stop at viewing platforms to watch Aussie sea-lions surfing the waves or sunning on the beach.
- Birds of Prey Show – Raptor Domain delivers the only “In-Flight” Birds of Prey Display in SA. Meet an array of birds including Jedda the majestic Wedge-tailed Eagle.
- Flinders Chase National Park (Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch); Wildlife Park; Pennington Bay.
Mercure KI Lodge 4 Star (B, L & D).
Sat 19th March
KI to Barossa Valley (2 nights)
- Private chartered KI connect Ferry back to mainland.
- Lunch at Seaford whilst being entertained by The Pryer’s unique private cabaret style show featuring music from the 40’s to 70’s.
- Barossa Valley Choc Co.– Chocolate & Wine Tasting. Discover over 250+ chocolate products handmade in Tanunda; A Pairing Experience of Wine & Cheese or Wine & Chocolate. Can offer Non Alcohol experience.
Novotel Barossa Valley Resort 4 Star (B, L).
Sunday 20th March
- Seppeltsfield Mausoleum — historic building with good views from the hill.
- Barossa Chateau tour & high tea experience. Amazing rose garden set in 10Ha with 35,000 roses.
- Maggie Beer’s: Private Executive cooking demonstration includes:
– 45min demonstration how to add some Maggie flare to your cooking at home.
– History on the farm and Farmshop along with history on Maggie.
– Tasting of each dish cooked at the end of the demonstration with a glass of Maggie’s Non-Alcoholic Sparkling.
– Time for questions and photos in the Exclusive Studio kitchen.
– Take-home recipes.
- Mengler Hills Lookout-Barossa Scultpure Park.
Novotel Barossa Valley Resort 4 Star (B, High Tea).
Monday 21st March
Barossa Valley to Murray Princess Cruise (4 nights)
- Barossa Reservoir: Home to The Whispering Wall unique acoustic effects: words whispered at one side can be clearly heard at the other end.
- Chateau Tanunda – Established in 1890 & is the site of some of the first vines planted in the Barossa in the 1840’s as well as the first winery.
- Optional to visit the Mannum Dock Museum before boarding Murray Princess Cruise. As we cruise under floodlight to our overnight mooring at Caurnamont, you may see nocturnal wildlife on the riverbank. On-board entertainer provides music for the night owls.
- The paddlewheeler, PS Murray Princess (4 nights)
Day 12 to 15
Tuesday 22nd to Friday 25th March
- NB: Single bed cabins. While on the 4 Night Outback.
- Heritage Cruise, you’ll have the opportunity to:
– Cruise through Lock #1 at Blanchetown.
– Visit the cellar door at Burk Salter Boutique Winery.
– Take a walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum (Gold coin donation at entry).
– See the towering sandstone cliffs at the Big Bend .
– Watch the Sunnydale Woolshed Show & go to the Native Wildlife Shelter.
– Enjoy a riverside Aussie Barbecue.
– Go on a Nocturnal Tour in a comfortable purpose built cart where you may see kan-garoos, wombats, foxes, bats and owls (optional – extra cost).
– Enjoy a Bush Tucker Breakfast (optional – extra cost).
– Explore the Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites with an expert local guide.
- Delight in a scenic tender boat ride. While on board, you’ll enjoy…
– Relaxing in one of the two lounges, with spectacular scenery views.
– Hanging out on the Sun Deck at the top of the vessel.
– All meals (table d’hote & a la carte menus).
– An exciting selection of onshore tours.
– Guided nature walks & eco-excursions.
– Onboard presentations.
– Live entertainment.
Friday 25th March
Mannum to Hahndorf (1 night)
- Private Coach transfer to Hahndorf.
- Village Tour.
- Visit German Cuckoo Clock shop.
- Brauhauf House for private German music and entertainment farewell dinner.
The Manna by Haus 4 Star (B, D).
Saturday 26th March
Hahndorf to Grafton
- Coach transfer to Adelaide airport.
- Direct Virgin flight to Coolangatta Gold Coast Airport.
- Coach transfer Coolangatta to Grafton.
- Expected arrival time: 7.20pm Maclean 8.20pm Grafton Library.
B: Full Breakfast
A/T: Light Afternoon Tea
16 Day / 15 Night Tour
Friday 11th to Saturday 26th March 2022
Departing Grafton, Northern NSW
Twin Share $5,450.00 Per Person
Solo Traveller $7,060.00
Terms & Conditions
Please read our Domestic Tours Booking/Cancellation Policy here